Yoga Parenting: More Joy, Less Stress

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Fun Fishing With Kids

I have to confess I am not much of a fisherman. I tried to do this with my kids because, like most kids, the idea of fishing sound very exciting. My dad never fish with me and I guess I wasn't very successful in passing down the craft. Here's something for you if you are into this pastime.

Fishing with kids. Canal fishing. How to catch fish & what bait to use when fishing with kids

Fishing with kids is extremely rewarding. It is a fantastic thing to do do. Fishing is the ultimate father and son thing to do, but that does not mean that single mums are ruled out. In fact if you want to be the ultimate cool single mum you should take your kid fishiing.

You need to use a few weights on your line so that your hook sinks. Your line should have a small weight about every 30 cms.

If you are fishing I would suggest that you set your line to leger (See above. Line no. 3). To do this you put a plummet on your line. A plummet is a weight with a piece of cork on it. Thread your hook thtough the hole in the top and then stick the hook in the small piece of cork in the bottom of the plummet and sink your line in the water. This will tell you the depth of the water. When your fishing line hits the bottom then adjust your float accordingly with a weight either side of the fishing float.

 blog it

No comments:

Post a Comment